Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Brunetti Week 1

I'm back from a week of creating comics with some talented and delightful folks at the Center for Cartoon Studies in White River Junction Vermont... AND some of us are working through Ivan Brunetti's "Cartooning: Philosophy and Practice".

The first exercise is to draw a particular object several times, each time a bit faster.  The first time 3-4 minutes, the second in 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, 15 seconds, and then 5 seconds.

Looking for that happy medium where my drawings retain some substance but are still doodles... I'd say usually 30 seconds to 1 minute.

I prefer my 30 second car, castle, telephone and self-portrait, along with my 1 minute cat.  Although I do kinda enjoy my 5 second self-portrait, too.

After I doodle my way into something amazing, I'd like to print my work on cards, perhaps journal covers, and maybe small posters.  We'll see.

No comments: